Saturday, January 12, 2013

Exhausting week

With 5 nights of basketball this week, it was hard to get a run in this week until Friday. I did workout on the elliptical Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.  Friday was a day to recover from all the nights in a gym.  I came home from work early, I was home by 9:30 a.m. My body was worn out. It was cloudy outside but the temperature was great, around 58 degrees. I wanted to go for a run, so I took a nap, ate lunch and after letting my lunch settle headed out the door.

My goal was to run my split mile around 10:40 per mile.  I didn't do too bad, I ran 2.88 miles, 11:27 per mile and ran it in 33:01. That was my fastest ever.  I am super STOKED.   I love my new Nike+ Sportswatch, I can now push myself.  I have never really pushed myself before.  I usually just keep track of how far I have run and I am always happy that I finished.

Goal for this week.
Next run will be 3.1 and hopefully I will shave a few more seconds off my time.  Hoping to get in a few more runs next week.  Only one game of basketball next week.











No comments:

Post a Comment